Tuesday, January 2, 2007

It's Jan. 2... let's stay home!

It seems as soon as we get up, the cats make themselves comfortable on our bed. Most nights these days (not all nights, though) we've been having the cats sleep in the living room because they have a tendency to run through the hall chasing each other and crashing into walls and doors. I really don't mind it, but I do mind that it has the potential to wake up tyson who can be a bear to get back to sleep at night!



Now that the kitties are locked out at night, they run for the bed as soon as they have a chance!

Today was a pretty mellow day so I had some domestic fun. I baked some
fat-free banana muffins in my new mini-muffin pan that I got for Christmas. They came out pretty good and I expect I'll be making them again and again. Little tyson really liked them.


I also vegetarianized a recipe I got from a Sunset magazine I stole from the doctor's office. The recipe was for a chilean shepherds pie called "Pastel de Choclo." This caserole of sorts came out OK. I was intrigued by the fact that it had pureed corn as its topping rather than mashed potatoes - the corn topping came out great, but the meaty part wasn't super. Oh, well. We ate it anyway.



After dinner there was some TV watching (tyson's current favorite tv show = charlie and lola) and lounging.




Night, night.

No comments: